Scambusters, Preventing Internet Scams & Phishing Attempts

This blog is dedicated to help preventing internet fraud and internet scams. Scambusters was a radio show I started in Albany Oregon, but due to defaulted payment by the radio station we took the show offline. Regardless of this issue we still wish to help prevent internet fraud and save people from internet loss. I have been interviewed and featured in various publications such as the Wall Street Journal, New York Times & Daily News, The London Times & AARP Newsletters. Please watch this blog for latest tips and tricks and scams to avoid.

Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Nigerian Scam > Reply urgently

Variation on the Nigerian Scam, badly formatted.


-----Original Message-----
From: leland hoa [mailto:legenj@portlandschools.org]
Sent: Wednesday, March 26, 2008 12:30 AM
Subject: Reply urgently

VIA E-mail

Dear Madam/Sir:

I send this letter to you in confidence hoping that I will solicit your
assistance and partnership.
My name is John Wright Esq. I am a Solicitor (Lawyer) here in the United
Kingdom . I am the executor of the last will of
a certain wealthy client from the Far East (name withheld) who died in a
tragic accident in Iraq. I have acted for this
client in my capacity as his Solicitor for the past 16 years; 10 of which
was as a law partner with his only child, David
who died of Leukemia in 2001 without any seed of his own. The wife passed
since 1999.
In the coming days I will present to the High Court of Justice, Chancery
Division all documents necessary to obtain the
grant of probate as the executor of the will. I am required to submit a
complete list of all assets and particularly the
documented debts of the deceased to facilitate the grant of the probate. As
the Solicitor and Executor, I am the only
person conversant with the financial affairs of the said testator. The Court
of Chancery and Her Majesty’s Revenue and
Customs (HM Revenue & Customs) will rely on my submissions in granting
probate. Once probate is granted it is my duty to
disburse funds to pay all debts and pay all beneficiaries.

The opportunity and proposal therefore is to designate you as a next of kin
or your company as a creditor, to enable me
authorize the payment to you the sum of Ј8,500,000.00(GBP) from the
estate of the testator. All documentation necessary
to prove this claim have been arranged by my self. Upon your indication to
receive this sum, I will immediately complete
the probate work with the information you will provide to me. Upon
completion, I will immediately direct that the monies
be transferred to a bank account you will designate. You will hold the funds
in trust for our mutual benefits.
If this proposal is agreeable to you I would appreciate your expeditious
response by email to begin the process
forthwith. I estimate that it will take up to two (2) weeks to accomplish.

Finally, I assure you that, despite the circumstances of this proposal and
the amount involved; there will not be any
cost (financially or otherwise) to you only to the extent that you will
designate the account to receive the funds. There
are ample funds to defray all costs, taxes and fees associated with the
transfer.

I await your positive response

Yours truly,


John Wright Esq.
E-mail: johnwright1959@gmail.com

No comments: