Scambusters, Preventing Internet Scams & Phishing Attempts

This blog is dedicated to help preventing internet fraud and internet scams. Scambusters was a radio show I started in Albany Oregon, but due to defaulted payment by the radio station we took the show offline. Regardless of this issue we still wish to help prevent internet fraud and save people from internet loss. I have been interviewed and featured in various publications such as the Wall Street Journal, New York Times & Daily News, The London Times & AARP Newsletters. Please watch this blog for latest tips and tricks and scams to avoid.

Saturday, August 16, 2008

Cote d'Ivoire Bank / Mohammad Dafo Scam

Basic Nigerian Scam , nothing to see here folks, just a basic scam to get you wire money for taxes, bribes or other crapola.

URGENT AND PRIVATE

My name is Mr.Mohammad Dafo, I work in one of the prime banks in Cote d'Ivoire. I am contacting you for as assistance in regards to a business transfer of a large sum of money from a dormant account. Though I know that a transaction of this magnitude will make any one apprehensive and worried, but I am assuring you that all will be well at the end of the day.

I am the personal accounts manager to a late Foreign customers of ours who used to run an oil servicing company here in Ivory Coast (Côte d Ivoire). He was involved in the ill fated Kenya Airways crash in the coasts of Abidjan in January 2000 in which all passengers on board died.Of particular interest is this huge deposit with our bank made by the deceased valued at about Thirteen million, Five hundred thousand US
dollars (US$13,500,000.00)

Since then I have made several inquiries to your embassy to locate any of my clients extended relatives but has been unsuccessful. After several unsuccessful attempts, I decided to trace his last name over the internet to see if I could locate any member of his family, hence I contacted you. Recently a probate order has been issued and as such if nobody comes for the claim of the deposit by the first quarter of this year, the account will be declared unserviceable and the funds called
to the government treasury.

Since I have been unsuccessful in locating any of the relatives for over last 6 years now, I will seek your consent to present you as the next of kin of the deceased since you have the same last name so that the proceeds of this account be released and transferred into your account, then you and I will share the money. All I require is your honest cooperation to enable us to see this deal through. I guarantee that this
will be executed under all legitimate arrangement that will protect you from any breach of the law.

Please acknowledge receipt of this email in acceptance of our mutual business endeavour by furnishing me with the following information as listed below which will enable me work on the account file so you can now apply for the release of the funds as the next of kin.

1. Your full name
2. Postal address
3. Date of birth
4. Telephone and fax numbers

Any other details will follow at the receipt of your response.

Thanking you for your anticipated cooperation. Please reply to my private Email: (mohammad_dafo1@yahoo.com)

Yours

Mr.Mohammad Dafo

"Wherefore let him that thinketh he standeth take heed lest he fall" (1
Corinthians 10:12)"Honour the LORD with thy substance, and with the
firstfruits of all thine increase" (Proverbs 3:9)

No comments: