Scambusters, Preventing Internet Scams & Phishing Attempts

This blog is dedicated to help preventing internet fraud and internet scams. Scambusters was a radio show I started in Albany Oregon, but due to defaulted payment by the radio station we took the show offline. Regardless of this issue we still wish to help prevent internet fraud and save people from internet loss. I have been interviewed and featured in various publications such as the Wall Street Journal, New York Times & Daily News, The London Times & AARP Newsletters. Please watch this blog for latest tips and tricks and scams to avoid.

Monday, March 23, 2009

Neil Millar / Miller Attorney Inheratance Scam

This is so bad and mismanaged on so many levels. I did contact the real Neil Millar, but never heard back. Notice the attorney firm is "Neil Millar" and in the first paragraph the scammer says his name is "Neil Miller" Ooops, he forgot his own name, must be sipping some spiked tea! However I do like the fact they tried to use someone with the same last name as mine to make me "assume" it could be real and direct the email to my name.

Overall it could have been a good scam if he did not forget his own name and also link back to a very obvious real site and try to send you to an email not associated with that site Neil Millar [n.solicitors@yahoo.co.uk].

-------------

Neil Millar & Company Solicitors
Second Floor Barlow House
Minshull St Manchester
M1 3DZ.United Kingdom

Dear Craig Solomon,

This is a personal email directed to you and I request that it be treated as such. I am Neil Miller, attorney/sole executor to the late Mr Randolf Solomon, hereinafter referred to as my client who worked as an independent oil magnate in my country and who died in a car crash with his immediate family on the 4th of Oct,1998.

Since the death of my client in Oct, 1998, I have tried to locate any of his extended relatives whom shall be claimants/beneficiaries of his abandoned personal estate and all such efforts have been to no avail.

More so, I have received official letters in the last few weeks suggesting a likely proceeding for confiscation of his abandoned personal assets in line with existing laws by the bank in which my client deposited the sum of 3.8 million British Pounds Sterling.

On this note I decided to search for a credible person and finding that you bear a similar last name, I was urged to contact you, that I may, with your consent, present you to the "trustee" bank as my late client's surviving family member so as to enable you put up a claim to the bank in that capacity as a next of kin of my client.

I find this possible for the fuller reasons that you bear a similar last name with my client making it a lot easier for you to put up a claim in that capacity.

I propose that 35% of the net sum will accrue to me at the conclusion of this deal in so far as I do not incur further expenses.

Therefore, to facilitate the immediate re profiling of this fund, you need, first to contact me via this email signifying your interest and as soon as I obtain your confidence, I will immediately appraise you with the complete details as well as fax you the documents, with which you are to proceed and i shall direct on how to put up an application to the bank.

HOWEVER, you will have to accent to an express agreement which I will forward to you in order to bind us in this transaction.

Upon the receipt of your reply,I will send you by fax or E-mail the next step to take. I will not fail to bring to your notice that this proposal is hitch-free and that you should not entertain any fears as the required arrangements have been made for the completion of this transfer.

Like I said, I require only a solemn confidentiality on this.

Best Regards,
Neil Millar
Principal Attorney
Neil Millar & Company Solicitors
Neil Millar [n.solicitors@yahoo.co.uk]

No comments: