Scambusters, Preventing Internet Scams & Phishing Attempts

This blog is dedicated to help preventing internet fraud and internet scams. Scambusters was a radio show I started in Albany Oregon, but due to defaulted payment by the radio station we took the show offline. Regardless of this issue we still wish to help prevent internet fraud and save people from internet loss. I have been interviewed and featured in various publications such as the Wall Street Journal, New York Times & Daily News, The London Times & AARP Newsletters. Please watch this blog for latest tips and tricks and scams to avoid.

Saturday, June 06, 2009

Major C. Downs - Internet / email Money Fraud - Scam

Total Scam using a real link for fraudulent proposes.

collinsdown@gmail.com
initiated from: georgeedward144@msn.com
---------------

Greetings,

I know you would be surprised to read from someone relatively unknown to you
before. My name is Major C. Downs, a member of the U.S. ARMY USARPAC
Medical Team, which was deployed to Iraq in the beginning of the war in Iraq.

I would like to share some highly personal classified information about my
personal experience and role which I played in the pursuit of my career
serving under the U.S 1st Armored which was at the fore-front of the war in
Iraq.

Though, I would like to hold back certain information for security reasons for
now until you have find the time to visit the BBC website stated below to
enable you have insight as to what I'm intending to share with you,
believing that it would be of your desired interest one-way or the other.
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/middle_east/2988455.stm

Also, could you get back to me having visiting the above website to enable us
discuss in a more clarifying manner to the best of your understanding. I must
say that I'm very uncomfortable sending this message to you without knowing
truly if you would misconstrue the importance and decides to go public. In
this regards, I will not hold back to say that the essence of this message is
strictly for mutual benefit of you and I and nothing more.

I will be vivid and coherent in my next message in this regards, meanwhile,
could you send me a mail confirming you have visited the site and that you have
understood my intentions? I will await your thoughts via my personal email:collinsdown@gmail.com

Thanks,
Best Regards
Major C. Downs

No comments: