Scambusters, Preventing Internet Scams & Phishing Attempts

This blog is dedicated to help preventing internet fraud and internet scams. Scambusters was a radio show I started in Albany Oregon, but due to defaulted payment by the radio station we took the show offline. Regardless of this issue we still wish to help prevent internet fraud and save people from internet loss. I have been interviewed and featured in various publications such as the Wall Street Journal, New York Times & Daily News, The London Times & AARP Newsletters. Please watch this blog for latest tips and tricks and scams to avoid.

Friday, October 29, 2010

DHL Money Scam

Besides just being obvious, why would DHL use an email at gala.net.

Also why would we be contacting a Dr. at DHL, they are now hiring people with a PHD to handle delivery services?

Also what does the word demurrage (sic) mean?

Why don't they know our names if they just sent us a $2.5M check?

The scam is simple, you have to wire the fees to get your check, you lose the money you send, up to 10% of the value of the award, so up to $250K, so they really to soak you and keep saying more fees and more fees, etc.. then they disappear.


--------------------------------------------------

Dearest Good Friend

I have been sending emails to you since Monday 25th October the day I paid the re-activation fee and the delivery of your PACKAGE to you. I paid it because the cheque{$2.5M} has few days to expire and when it expires it will go into Government purse, then I decided to help you pay the money so that the PACKAGE WORTH OF $2.5 MILLION will be delivered to you via customs diplomatic means, because I know when you get your PACKAGE definitely you must pay me back the money I have spent and even reward me for good work in helping you. Now I want you to contact DHL Express Service Customer Service Office, and re-confirm to them your full Contact information's such as,
Full name:..................
Delivery address:.............
Cell/Private Tel #:.............
Home/Office Tel #:................
Occupation:.........................
Country: .............................
You have to contact them today so that they can deliver your Package to your destination address without any delay. Like I stated earlier, The delivery charges has been paid but I did not pay their official storage charges since they refused because they do not know when you are going to contact them and demurrage might have increased by then. They told me that their official storage charges per day are €25 euros and I deposited it on Monday 25th October, this week. Below is their Contact Information's, Dhl Express Service Customer Service Office.
Name: Dr. Daniel Seki
Phone: 00229-9883-1197
Email: dhlcustomerservicebj@gala.net
Contact them Today to avoid increase of their official handling charges and let me know once you receive your package, also indicate this Registration CODE N°² {DKLEUB119} once you contacted them.
 
Regards
Engr. J. Hernandez

 


No comments: