Scambusters, Preventing Internet Scams & Phishing Attempts

This blog is dedicated to help preventing internet fraud and internet scams. Scambusters was a radio show I started in Albany Oregon, but due to defaulted payment by the radio station we took the show offline. Regardless of this issue we still wish to help prevent internet fraud and save people from internet loss. I have been interviewed and featured in various publications such as the Wall Street Journal, New York Times & Daily News, The London Times & AARP Newsletters. Please watch this blog for latest tips and tricks and scams to avoid.

Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Joseph Byerly Nigerian SCAM josephbyely@gmail.com

3rd try huh.... and still he does not know my name?  What a bad SCAM.

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Joseph Byerly <josephbyely@gmail.com>
Date: 2010/12/21
Subject: hello
To:

This is my third time of sending you an e-mail without any reply, I told you about a deal on an investment account total 10.5million USD belonging to my late client Alfred who shares the same last name with you.

My proposal to you is that since I have exclusive access to his file, you will be made the beneficiary of these funds. On verification, which will be the details I make available to Bank holding the funds, my company through our lawyer will instruct the bank to make payments to you. You do not have to have known him. I know this sounds a bit heavy and complex but believe and trust me as it is achievable. For your assistance, I propose we split the funds in half and share it equally. This practice is not unusual in the banking sector here in the UK. The other option is that the funds will revert back to the state, where it may be shared by State officials.

Nothing ventured is nothing gained and that success and riches never come easy or on a platter of gold. This is the one truth I have learned from my private investment clients, We should act swiftly on this if you are in agreement and please get back to me immediately, I am contacting you independently and no one is informed of this communication.

Please do keep this confidential, I await your prompt response to my private email.

Best Regards,
Joseph Byerly.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Here it is already June 2012 and the poor idiot is still trying. Just received the exact same email from josephbyerlys@perlamansion.net to "undisclosed recipients and asking for reply email to josephbyerlys@gmail.com