Scambusters, Preventing Internet Scams & Phishing Attempts

This blog is dedicated to help preventing internet fraud and internet scams. Scambusters was a radio show I started in Albany Oregon, but due to defaulted payment by the radio station we took the show offline. Regardless of this issue we still wish to help prevent internet fraud and save people from internet loss. I have been interviewed and featured in various publications such as the Wall Street Journal, New York Times & Daily News, The London Times & AARP Newsletters. Please watch this blog for latest tips and tricks and scams to avoid.

Friday, January 28, 2011

SCAM : PROPOSAL! / Mr. Mike Bradford

Blah,

Blah blah blah, blah blah...  Blah..

Over and over again, the same scam, redone a million plus times, it never ends.  2 y/o children know this scam more than accepting candy from strangers. 

I am a NY Jew, living in Oregon, I have a few family members scattered throughout NY and Florida, what are the odds, that "ME" someone the author does not know (as the email is addressed to NOBODY" is the "kin" to some unknown stranger.

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Mr. Mike Bradford <mike@finance.com>
Date: 2011/1/27
Subject: PROPOSAL!
To:


Do accept my apologies if my email does not meet your personal ethics. I've contacted you because coincidentally, you've been legally privileged. This business proposal which certainly will be of a mutual benefit to us. This proposal has in it the sum of $15Miliion (Fifteen Million United States Dollars) and 50 %( USD$7.5Million) of this sum is at stake for you, if you are declared the next of kin. This transaction is legal and totally risk free. Therefore I crave your indulgence to seize this opportunity here present. However, full details of this transaction will be given to you upon request. Call my number or send me an email through my personal email address (mbradford431@gmail.com) cheers!

Mr. Mike Bradford
Account Officer
+44 7871168077

No comments: