Scambusters, Preventing Internet Scams & Phishing Attempts

This blog is dedicated to help preventing internet fraud and internet scams. Scambusters was a radio show I started in Albany Oregon, but due to defaulted payment by the radio station we took the show offline. Regardless of this issue we still wish to help prevent internet fraud and save people from internet loss. I have been interviewed and featured in various publications such as the Wall Street Journal, New York Times & Daily News, The London Times & AARP Newsletters. Please watch this blog for latest tips and tricks and scams to avoid.

Friday, January 28, 2011

SCAM > Sgt. Cynthia Thedford: URGENT REPLY / Russia

Hello,

My name is Sgt.Cynthia Thedford ,an American female soldier with 3rd Armored Cavalry Regiment Soldiers serving here in Afghanistan. Please I am seeking your assistance to move Seven Million Five Hundred U.S Dollars (US$7.5 M) to you as far as I can be assured that my share will be safe in your care until I complete my service here in Afghanistan,though, I would like to hold back certain information for security reasons until I read from you soon.


Wait your urgent reply.

God Bless You.

Sgt.Cynthia Thedford
Thanks Cynthia, but since no one knows who you are, why don't you hang on to the Million's and I will keep looking for permanent work! 

Not even a good scam!

Came from Russia sgtcynthia.american@wwjd.ru


---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Sgt.Cynthia Thedford <dauke@aol.com>
Date: 2011/1/27
Subject: URGENT REPLY.
To:
Hello,

My name is Sgt.Cynthia Thedford ,an American female soldier with 3rd Armored Cavalry Regiment Soldiers serving here in Afghanistan. Please I am seeking your assistance to move Seven Million Five Hundred U.S Dollars (US$7.5 M) to you as far as I can be assured that my share will be safe in your care until I complete my service here in Afghanistan,though, I would like to hold back certain information for security reasons until I read from you soon.


Wait your urgent reply.

God Bless You.

Sgt.Cynthia Thedford


No comments: