Scambusters, Preventing Internet Scams & Phishing Attempts

This blog is dedicated to help preventing internet fraud and internet scams. Scambusters was a radio show I started in Albany Oregon, but due to defaulted payment by the radio station we took the show offline. Regardless of this issue we still wish to help prevent internet fraud and save people from internet loss. I have been interviewed and featured in various publications such as the Wall Street Journal, New York Times & Daily News, The London Times & AARP Newsletters. Please watch this blog for latest tips and tricks and scams to avoid.

Wednesday, February 23, 2011

FRAUD : Ahmed Linda: FW: Assalamualaikum

Huge Scam,

Subject: Assalamualaikum

Received: from 120.141.253.206 (X-Forwarded-For: 120.141.253.206)

                by mail1009.centrum.cz (centrum.cz multimail) with HTTP

Date: Wed, 23 Feb 2011 03:16:30 +0100

From: <ahmed_linda@centrum.sk>

X-Mailer: Centrum Email 5.3

 

Ahmed Linda (Really?)

 

From: ahmed_linda@centrum.sk [mailto:ahmed_linda@centrum.sk]
Sent: Tuesday, February 22, 2011 6:17 PM
Subject: Assalamualaikum

 

Assalamualaikum
 
How are you doing today, my name is Ahmed Linda, I'm working with gss  
solid minerals 4 Mowat Industrial Estate Sandown Road Watford  
Hertfordshire WD24 7UY= UNITED KINGDOM.
 
The Board of directors normally send me to Malaysia, to purchase Borax  
oil Lq.The Borax oil Lq is a product and is used to clean gold and  
stones, The product is very cheap in Malaysia compare in U.S and  
Europe, per carton of the product is cost $4500 to $5000usd while in  
Malaysia I only buy for $2500usd.
 
When I purchase the product $2500usd per carton, when I get back to my
Company I will tell my director that i purchase the product for
4000usd, my company normally send me to Malaysia but this time my
company want to send somebody to represent me and I don't want the
person they will be sending to know the cost price I have been
purchasing the product in Malaysia.
 
If you can handle this business for me I will be very glad. This is
what I want you to do, I will give you the contact number of the
Malaysian lady, she is the seller of this product, I want you to go and
purchase the product from her at $2500usd when my Company arrive to
Malaysia I will introduce you to my Company and tell them that you are
the main supplier of the product and you will sell the product to them
at rate of $4000usd Per carton.
 
My company will let you know how many cartons they need. I want you to
know that my percentage from the profit you will make from the
transaction is 40% out the profit. You will take 60% please If this  
business proposition offends your moral and ethic values, do accept my  
sincere apology. Please contact me at once if you are interested for
more details.

Please reply me back on this email:  linda_ahmed@mail.com
 
Regards,
Linda Ahmed.

 

No comments: