Scambusters, Preventing Internet Scams & Phishing Attempts

This blog is dedicated to help preventing internet fraud and internet scams. Scambusters was a radio show I started in Albany Oregon, but due to defaulted payment by the radio station we took the show offline. Regardless of this issue we still wish to help prevent internet fraud and save people from internet loss. I have been interviewed and featured in various publications such as the Wall Street Journal, New York Times & Daily News, The London Times & AARP Newsletters. Please watch this blog for latest tips and tricks and scams to avoid.

Monday, February 21, 2011

SCAM > I am presently at JFK Airport in the United States

Well I am from Brooklyn, so JFK would make sense if I have not been out of Brooklyn for 30+ years.  Why would someone fly to Kennedy and sit there waiting for an email contact to deliver your money, would they not get that info "before" going on a plane to another country?  Better yet, they got all they way to NY without knowing who I am, the TO" field is blank, and they know nothing about me.  I guarantee no matter what you answer to them they will say you're the right one. 

Silly scam at best, more holes than Swiss cheese.

Plus what diplomat needs an AOL email address?

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-==-=-=-=

from    Jones <joneshammerjones@aol.com>
reply-to    joneshammerjones@aol.com
to   
date    Mon, Feb 21, 2011 at 5:20 AM
subject    I am presently at JFK Airport in the United States

I am a Diplomat named Jones Hammer mandated to deliver your inheritance to you in your country of residence.

The funds total US$7.5 Million and you were made the beneficiary of these funds by a benefactor whose details will be revealed to you after handing over the funds to you in accordance with the Agreement I signed with the benefactor when he enlisted my assistance in delivering the funds to you.

I am presently at JFK Airport in the United States of America and before I can deliver the funds to you, you have to reconfirm the following information so as to ensure that I am dealing with the right person

1.Full Name:
2.Residential Address:
3.Age:
4.Sex:
5.Occupation:
6.Direct Telephone Numbers:

After verification of the information with what I have on file,I shall contact you so that we can make arrangements on the exact time I will be bringing your package to your residential address.

Send the requested information so that we can proceed.

Regards
Jones Hammer

No comments: