Scambusters, Preventing Internet Scams & Phishing Attempts

This blog is dedicated to help preventing internet fraud and internet scams. Scambusters was a radio show I started in Albany Oregon, but due to defaulted payment by the radio station we took the show offline. Regardless of this issue we still wish to help prevent internet fraud and save people from internet loss. I have been interviewed and featured in various publications such as the Wall Street Journal, New York Times & Daily News, The London Times & AARP Newsletters. Please watch this blog for latest tips and tricks and scams to avoid.

Thursday, April 28, 2011

HUGE Scam / FRAUD > : Job Opportuniity !!! Edward Scott mkiwdyeg09912@yaoo.com

Money Laundering / Stolen Credit Cards / Fake Money Orders & Cashiers Checks = You going to jail.  Do I need to say more? 

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Edward Scott <mkiwdyeg09912@yaoo.com>
Date: Thu, Apr 28, 2011 at 10:19 AM
Subject: Job Opportuniity !!!



Hello,

I am sending you this job offer,because I really need someone urgently to take up the position as my personal assistant.My name is Edward Scott and Mr Wimi Jonx use to be my personal assistant and he just travelled back to his country (China) on an emergency.I would have loved to meet up with you to talk about this job,but I am currently away on business trip.I am currently in Australia so there will be no interview,till I get back to the States in June,then we can meet and talk more about the future of the job. All you need to do is follow instructions......I am an Artist.I just started my own art gallery here in Australia, I buy ideas and materials from ancient cities and I have got so many clients as companies, individuals and government and private museums.

I am looking for someone who can handle my personal and business errands at his/her spare time. Someone who can offer the services listed on the advert on craigslist such as receiving calls and reporting back to me what information you got from clients, replying emails and printing invitation for exhibitions, shopping for gifts and materials, paying bills as well as receiving payments from clients when am not around.

You will work on the average of about 5-10hrs per week and I will start by paying you $250 per week which will rise to $400 depending on how effective you are, the job will start from the moment you start running errands. This job is temporary and could possibly be a permanent one for you based on how you deliver your duties, we will talk more when am back and you can take part more in my successfully growing business.

I will email you the list and samples of pictures of what to shop for when I need you to shop for me and will be precise on what and where, funds will be giving upfront and the shopping must be reported in detailed manner. No heavy packages is involved! You  can do the shopping at any nearest stores. I will provide clear set of instructions for each task I need done as well the funds to cover them.

Please provide the following information of you, (no mistakes in name as it will appear on payments):

Full Name:
Full Address:
Apartment number:
City:
State:
zipcode:
(NO P.O.BOX)
Phone Number:
Age:
Current Occupation:

Once you send all this information,i will make a back ground check on your details and will get back to you within 48hrs to let you know if you get the job.

Thank you!

Edward Scott.



1 comment:

Jessica said...

I just got the exact same email in response to a job posting on Craig's List in CA. I thought it sounded very suspicious and was glad to find it on here to confirm my suspicions. I will definitely not be replying back!