Scambusters, Preventing Internet Scams & Phishing Attempts

This blog is dedicated to help preventing internet fraud and internet scams. Scambusters was a radio show I started in Albany Oregon, but due to defaulted payment by the radio station we took the show offline. Regardless of this issue we still wish to help prevent internet fraud and save people from internet loss. I have been interviewed and featured in various publications such as the Wall Street Journal, New York Times & Daily News, The London Times & AARP Newsletters. Please watch this blog for latest tips and tricks and scams to avoid.

Thursday, April 21, 2011

SCAM: Can you be trusted?? Reply Urgently

Can I be trusted, HA!  And you're pulling the scam.  Send it to 100 addresses at once and using the old shotgun effect.  Shoot a shotgun into the air over and over again and eventually you will hit a duck.  Sorry... bad scam.

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Lt.Stanly Clark <stan_clk@hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, Apr 19, 2011 at 2:34 PM
Subject: Re: Can you be trusted?? Reply Urgently
To: (huge list of email names here in alphabetical order)


Hello dear

I am Lt.Stanly Clark, an officer of the U.S Army.
I am on the move to Afghanistan from Iraq as the last batch just left and have some items I will need to ship to you.
Can you be trusted??
please communicate to me immediately through my private email address (stan_clk01@hotmail.com)

God Bless America
Lt.Stanly Clark


No comments: