Scambusters, Preventing Internet Scams & Phishing Attempts

This blog is dedicated to help preventing internet fraud and internet scams. Scambusters was a radio show I started in Albany Oregon, but due to defaulted payment by the radio station we took the show offline. Regardless of this issue we still wish to help prevent internet fraud and save people from internet loss. I have been interviewed and featured in various publications such as the Wall Street Journal, New York Times & Daily News, The London Times & AARP Newsletters. Please watch this blog for latest tips and tricks and scams to avoid.

Tuesday, May 31, 2011

SCAM > Barrister Zainur Bin Zakaria zainurbinzakaria@yahoo.com

1st sign of a fraud...  Someone shares the last name as me, but they don't know my name.  People should get this off the bat!

Very common money (fees up front / processing / mailing fee) SCAM

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Zainur Bin Zakaria <zainurbinzakaria@yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, May 31, 2011 at 6:29 AM
Subject: Urgent
To:

 --
Zainur Binta  Zakaria Advocate & solicitor
No. 18 & 20 1st Floor
Jalan Kampung Nyabor
96000 Sibu,Malaysia

Dear Friend,

I am Barrister Zainur Bin Zakaria, an attorney at law. A deceased client of
mine, that shares the same last name as yours, died as a result of His heart
condition, due to the death of all the members of his family in the tsunami
disaster on the 26th December 2004 in Sumatra Indonesia. As reported by

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2004_Indian_Ocean_earthquake.

I have contacted you to assist in distributing the money left behind by my
client before it is confiscated or declared unserviceable by the bank where
this deposit valued at Five Million, Six Hundred Thousand United States
Dollars (US$5.6 Million). This bank has issued me a notice to contact the
next of kin, or the account will be confiscated.

My proposition to you is to seek your consent to present you as the
next-of-kin and beneficiary of my named client, since you have the same last
name, so that the proceeds of this account can be paid to you.  Then we can
share the amount on a mutually agreed-upon percentage. All legal documents
to back up your claim as my client\\\\\\\'s next-of-kin will be provided.
All I require is your honest cooperation to enable us see this transaction
through.

This will be executed under a legitimate arrangement that will protect you
from many breach of the law. If this business proposition offends your moral
values, do accept my apology. I must use this opportunity to implore you to
exercise the utmost indulgence to keep this matter extraordinary
confidential, whatever your decision, while I await your prompt response.
Please contact me at once to
indicate your interest. I will like you to acknowledge the receipt of this
e-mail as soon as possible.

And treats with absolute confidentiality and sincerity. I look forward to
your quick reply.

Best regards,

Zainur Bin Zakaria
Attorney at Law



No comments: