Scambusters, Preventing Internet Scams & Phishing Attempts

This blog is dedicated to help preventing internet fraud and internet scams. Scambusters was a radio show I started in Albany Oregon, but due to defaulted payment by the radio station we took the show offline. Regardless of this issue we still wish to help prevent internet fraud and save people from internet loss. I have been interviewed and featured in various publications such as the Wall Street Journal, New York Times & Daily News, The London Times & AARP Newsletters. Please watch this blog for latest tips and tricks and scams to avoid.

Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Email Money Scam : From Miss Rachel Edwin / Abidjan

The only thing fun about this scam is Abidjan -
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Abidjan just love the name, always wanted to
visit, however according to google it is very humid with thunderstorms
coming this week. Other than that, a very poorly written scam.


-----Original Message-----
From: Rachel Edwin [mailto:edwin_rachel@rediffmail.com]
Sent: Wednesday, July 20, 2011 9:25 AM
To: undisclosed recipients:
Subject: From Miss Rachel Edwin


From Miss Rachel Edwin

I am Miss Rachel Edwin 20 years old from Abidjan economic capital city of
Cote d'Ivoire. I solicit your urgent help to get my inheritance fund
transferred to your account in your country for investment projects. This is
an inheritance from my late father Mr. Rain Edwin who served as a Director
in one of the biggest Cocoa exporting companies here. I just want to
transfer this fund to a foreign partner abroad because of constant political
crisis in this nation. My late father wanted to invest it into real estate
business before he died. The amount involve is US$8.5M.

I will send to you all the details concerning the fund as soon as I receive
your reply. Indicate your interest in receiving this fund in your nominated
bank account by making provisions of your personal details as listed below
so that I will proceed to the deposit bank to file in official application
in your favour to receive my inheritance.

1. Your full names and address.
2. Your Sex & Nationality
3. Your Mobile /Telephone numbers
4. Your Age & Occupation


Waiting for your urgent reply

Miss Rachel Edwin

No comments: