Scambusters, Preventing Internet Scams & Phishing Attempts

This blog is dedicated to help preventing internet fraud and internet scams. Scambusters was a radio show I started in Albany Oregon, but due to defaulted payment by the radio station we took the show offline. Regardless of this issue we still wish to help prevent internet fraud and save people from internet loss. I have been interviewed and featured in various publications such as the Wall Street Journal, New York Times & Daily News, The London Times & AARP Newsletters. Please watch this blog for latest tips and tricks and scams to avoid.

Monday, July 11, 2011

Money Scam > : Request for Business Assistance

Typical Scam, catching up from being out of town a few days...

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Mr. Thomas Thorsen <tgthorsen@blumail.org>
Date: 2011/7/10
Subject: Request for Business Assistance
To:


Mr. Thomas Thorsen
Berkeley Square London.
E-Mail: tthorsen@blumail.org

 Greetings From London,

I feel quite safe dealing with you in this business proposition. I urge you to treat it with the seriousness it deserves. I also guarantee you that this deal is risk free and legitimate from all what you may think of. I am a banker by profession and currently holding the post of Director Auditing and Accounting Unit of the bank.. My office monitors and controls the affairs of all banks and Financial Institutions in United Kingdom concerned with foreign claim payments. I am the final signatory to any transfer or remittance of huge funds moving within banks both on the local and international levels in line with foreign claim settlement.

I have before me list of funds, which could not be transferred to some nominated accounts as these accounts have been identified either as ghost accounts, unclaimed Deposits and over-invoiced sum etc. On this note, I wish to have a deal with you as regards to the unpaid funds and as it ismy duty to recommend the transfer of these surplus funds to the British Government Treasury and Reserve Accounts as unclaimed deposits, I have the opportunity to write you based on the instructions received two days ago from the Foreign Debts Reconciliation Department to submit the List of payment reports/expenditures and audited reports of revenues.

Among several others, I have decided to present you as the NEXT OF KIN/WILL BENEFICIARY to an overdue inheritance sum of Twenty Three Million Five Hundred Thousand British Pounds Sterling only (GBP23,500,000.00) belonging to our Late customer Mr. Phillip Carter, who died on (Egypt Air Flight 990) along with his family on a plane crash, please view link http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/6614347.stm

Following my idea that we can have a Deal/Agreement and I am going to do this legally with your name as the bonafide beneficiary of the amount in question by employing the service of a UK accredited attorney, who will handle all the legal documentations and lay claims through his legal authority on your behalf. Listen 45% of this money will be for you, in respect to the provision of a foreign account, 10% will be set aside for expenses incurred during the business and 45% would be for me as I have planned to come to your Country as soon as the transfer is completed.

My Conditions:
1) The sum of Twenty Three Million Five Hundred Thousand British Pounds Sterling only (GBP23,500,000.00) only will be transfer into your account after the processing of all relevant legal documents with your name as the bonafide beneficiary, the transfer will be made by Telegraphic Transfer(T/T), confirmable in 5-7 working days.

2) This deal must be kept secret forever, and all correspondence will be strictly by email/telephone, for security purposes.

3) There should be no third party as most problems associated with transfers of fund release are caused by beneficiary's agents or representative. If you AGREE with my Conditions, I will advise you on what to do immediately and the transfer will commence without delay as I will proceed to fix your name on the Payment schedule instantly to meet the 5-7 working days mandate.

If you are interested contact me with the below informations to me through my private email address: tthorsen@blumail.org and further details of the transfer will be forwarded to you as soon as I receive your return mail.

(1) Your full name.
(2) Phone, Fax and Mobile #.
(3) Company name, Position and Contact Address.
(4) Profession, Age and Marital Status

I hope you don't reject this offer and have the funds transferred to your nominated bank account.

Waiting for your urgent reply.

Yours Sincerely,

Mr. Thomas Thorsen

No comments: