Scambusters, Preventing Internet Scams & Phishing Attempts

This blog is dedicated to help preventing internet fraud and internet scams. Scambusters was a radio show I started in Albany Oregon, but due to defaulted payment by the radio station we took the show offline. Regardless of this issue we still wish to help prevent internet fraud and save people from internet loss. I have been interviewed and featured in various publications such as the Wall Street Journal, New York Times & Daily News, The London Times & AARP Newsletters. Please watch this blog for latest tips and tricks and scams to avoid.

Monday, August 01, 2011

Inheritance Scam - FROM: BARR. SHAWN LEE

Shares the same last name as me, however does not know my last name. If I emailed back and said my name is Michael Gobblesmack, I am 100% sure they would reply with the name of someone named Gobblesmack. No matter what you say, it will match, not even a good scam.

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: BARR.SHAWN LEE <akwaterra@neostrada.pl>
Date: 2011/7/29
Subject: FROM: BARR. SHAWN LEE
To: info@info.net


Dear Friend,

I am, Shawn Lee attorney at law.A deceased client of mine that shares the same

last name with yours,died as result of a heart-related condition in March 12th

2009.Leaving behind a deposit valued of $19 million dollars,his heart condition was

due to the death of all the members of his family in the tsunamidisaster on the 26th

December 2004 in Sumatra Indonesia.http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2004_Indian_Ocean_

earthquake

I want you to assist in distributing the money left behind by my client before it is

confiscated or&n bsp;declared unserviceable by the bank.

The bank has issued me a notice to contact the next of kin. My proposition to you is to

seek your consent to present you as the next-of-kin and beneficiary of my late client.

This will be executed under a legitimate arrangement that will protect you from any

breach of the law,contact me immediately if you are interested.

Best Regards,
Shawn Lee
Attorney at Law.

No comments: