Scambusters, Preventing Internet Scams & Phishing Attempts

This blog is dedicated to help preventing internet fraud and internet scams. Scambusters was a radio show I started in Albany Oregon, but due to defaulted payment by the radio station we took the show offline. Regardless of this issue we still wish to help prevent internet fraud and save people from internet loss. I have been interviewed and featured in various publications such as the Wall Street Journal, New York Times & Daily News, The London Times & AARP Newsletters. Please watch this blog for latest tips and tricks and scams to avoid.

Sunday, August 07, 2011

James Hayworth Email Money Scam

Hotmail and ATT.net accounts... whenever one email is spoofed or stolen and they need you to reply to a 2nd FREE address like Hotmail, Yahoo, or Gmail.  99.9999% of the time it is a scam.

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: James <jameshayworth8@att.net>
Date: 2011/8/7
Subject: Hi,
To:


From: James Hayworth
 
Kindly accept my warm regards, my name is James Hayworth, from Sydney, Australia. I am sending you this mail from the confines of my hospital room here at Jean Colvin Cancer Centre located in NSW, Australia. I have been diagnosed to be suffering from Esophageal Cancer, to my greatest bewilderment; my doctor informed me that I have only a few months to live due to the spread of the cancer to other areas of my throat and upper chest. The news was so devastating to me, that I decided to stay within the confinement of my hospital room and live out my last days on earth quietly. I asked that my hospital room be equipped with a laptop so that I can take care of some outstanding issues. One of which is my desire to donate a sizable amount of money to cancer research institutes and other deserving charity organizations.
 
 
I wish that you receive the funds, and assist me in disbursing the funds to the above mentioned organizations, but more importantly, I would love to have you as a friend during these trying moments in my life. Do not mind the time taken from your busy schedule to work with me on this sole act of charity, because I will surely compensate you for your time and assistance. Indicate your wiliness to assist me by sending an email to my private email box (james.hayworth1@hotmail.com.au) by doing so I will be able to send you more details.
 
Sincerely,
James Hayworth
 

No comments: