Scambusters, Preventing Internet Scams & Phishing Attempts

This blog is dedicated to help preventing internet fraud and internet scams. Scambusters was a radio show I started in Albany Oregon, but due to defaulted payment by the radio station we took the show offline. Regardless of this issue we still wish to help prevent internet fraud and save people from internet loss. I have been interviewed and featured in various publications such as the Wall Street Journal, New York Times & Daily News, The London Times & AARP Newsletters. Please watch this blog for latest tips and tricks and scams to avoid.

Monday, September 12, 2011

Virus / Trojan / Phish / Scam: Payment Confirmatiton - Item number : 30669852147 (gigfateam@gmail.com)

This morning I had 280 of these in my spam box.  The link looks like a legit eBay link but goes to a sub domain at is.gigfa.com

 

The really bad part is this link below (removed) is going to a javascript and I am not sure what damage it will do…

 

Here is the info from Gigfa.com

 

Registrant:

    ByetHost

    Mostafa Ghadamyari        (gigfateam@gmail.com)

    Byethost Internet Ltd. 27 Old Gloucester Street

    London

    London,WC1N 3XX

    GB

    Tel. +98.9158901579

 

From: Aaron C [mailto:aaronc81@aol.com]
Sent: Sunday, September 11, 2011 11:04 AM
To: info@e-powersellers.com
Subject: Re: Payment Confirmatiton - Item number : 30669852147

 

Hi there,

I want to confirm that I`ve made the payment for my order. I`ve sent $249.98 USD. Let me know when you will send my item and also how much it will take.
Item : (link removed for safety)

 

Check the item and let me know.

No comments: