Scambusters, Preventing Internet Scams & Phishing Attempts

This blog is dedicated to help preventing internet fraud and internet scams. Scambusters was a radio show I started in Albany Oregon, but due to defaulted payment by the radio station we took the show offline. Regardless of this issue we still wish to help prevent internet fraud and save people from internet loss. I have been interviewed and featured in various publications such as the Wall Street Journal, New York Times & Daily News, The London Times & AARP Newsletters. Please watch this blog for latest tips and tricks and scams to avoid.

Saturday, October 30, 2010

CONFIRMATION LETTER FROM LOTTERY BOARD‏ / England / China Lotto Scam

Wow, never been so lucky in my life, I win a lottery almost every day now.  I think a trip to Vegas is in my future! 

I love this phrase " Great British Pounds "  What makes them so great?   I have some here, I used to live in England, so I keep some in my wallet in case I need to go back, I have Euro's too, but none of them are that great.  I guess if they are free they are pretty great.

Why are we emailing china to win a lottery from England?

Why is the return address a .gov address, but when we need to contact them we should email a .cn address?

Plus they sent the email to info@uknl.org, who is that?  Not me, that is for sure.

Scanned copy of my identity, I should email them a joke license with a picture of bugs bunny on it.   Really, would someone actually scan their drivers license and send it to china?  Really?

What an obvious bad scam.

-----------------------------

From: Young-Kee Kim [mailto:ykkim@fnal.gov]
Sent: Saturday, October 30, 2010 5:17 AM
To: info@uknl.org
Subject: CONFIRMATION LETTER FROM LOTTERY BOARD‏

 

Congratulations your email just won you the Year 2010 British INTERNATIONAL ONLINE PROMOTION which is the sum of 750,000.00 Great British Pounds through a computer email draw with a Ticket number 56475600545 188 and you are advice to contact our below staff for claims Contact;Mr. George Smith Email:uknl-claimsdept04@9.cn  For Claims, We require you fill this form and return to your claims agent immediately.
 
Name(In Full):...........
sex:...........
Age:........
Address:........
Phone Number (Home):.............
Mobile:.......
Office Number:..........
State:..........
Country:..........
Present Occupation:.........
Scanned Copy Of your Identity:.........
Sincerely yours,
Young-Kee Kim..


No comments: