Scambusters, Preventing Internet Scams & Phishing Attempts

This blog is dedicated to help preventing internet fraud and internet scams. Scambusters was a radio show I started in Albany Oregon, but due to defaulted payment by the radio station we took the show offline. Regardless of this issue we still wish to help prevent internet fraud and save people from internet loss. I have been interviewed and featured in various publications such as the Wall Street Journal, New York Times & Daily News, The London Times & AARP Newsletters. Please watch this blog for latest tips and tricks and scams to avoid.

Friday, March 18, 2011

SCAM Part II > Re: MR. (Insert Name here), HERE IS A COMPREHENSIVE DETAIL OF THE PROJECT.

I replied to an existing SCAM and here is the reply I received.   Of  course a massive scam. 

I love how they said they "Got My Information from..." and then they don't know any of my information. 

Avoid Avoid Avoid.


On Fri, Mar 18, 2011 at 6:18 PM, JACOB OPERANDI <jacob.operandi101@hotmail.com> wrote:
Dear
 
Many thanks for your prompt reply to my letter. I received your E-mail and information. In fact, I want to tell you that project of this magnitude has procedures that must be followed, but I want to assure you this is not going to take us more than 14 official working days following your day of application which should take effect, tommorrow, Monday. And like I told you in my previous letter for the understanding of this project, I will like you to go through this detailed clarification, so as to have a solid background and knowledge in this transaction. Take your time and go through the details for you to know the reason for this transaction. I am assuring you that this transaction is 100% legal and risk free both now and after the claim. I am here as the personal lawyer of the deceased to ensure that we have a successfully claim. Remember that I am part of the proceed and for your information, I have every documentations and information relating to this deposit as entrusted on me by my late client before his death as his personal Attorney on financial matters and that is why I will stake all within my powers to ensure that we have a hitch free transaction. so my dear, do not be afraid about this relationship.
 
In a nut shell, I will like to briefly summarize what I was saying in my first proposal to you; My deceased Client, Late. Mr. Geoff Bundchen was a big customer of GUARANTY TRUST BANK (U.K). He operated a coded account and died on the deadly Tsunami disaster. He was a Civil Engineer and Contractor who had handled so many projects here in the United Kingdom. He had a wife and Son of course all of them were involved in the Tsunami Accident. He has a registered company here in London where he made the deposit but folded up after his demise.
 
Dear David, you actually may or may not be closely related to Late Mr. Geoff Bundchen but Specifically, I got your information from my country's chambers of commerce during my search for a trust worthy partner who will stand as the Next of kin to my late client before the Bank so that this fund shall be released and transferred to you. Over the years now, I have been searching for his close relative and have made contacts to your embassy but my attempts proved futile. While hasting to meet the Bank's stipulated deadline to make this provision which will lead to confiscation upon my failure to comply in relevance to law provission for such unclaimed fund exceeding the Six years stipulation by Law after the demise of my late client until I found your Contact details. It was not by mistake because I did my thorough research before I contacted you. I will like to hear directly from you orally over the telephone so as to increasing my confidence in you in an assurance for mutual trust, promising not to deny me of my own share soonest this fund is transferred to your custody.
 
Late Mr. Geoff Bundchen has no will but the Next of kin was his only Son who died alongside with him and that is why I am mandated by law as his personal lawyer to provide the nearest relation / next of kin which the Bank Board of Directors demands that I provide a foreign next of kin to my late client as enshrined to his deposit Agreement. The law of inheritance here in the United Kingdom does not make provision for estate management / agreement, rather the right is given to the approved heir / beneficiary. And this is why I contacted you to stand as the next of kin to my deceased client so that you will be approved the heir / beneficiary in accordance with the law.
 
You will watch and see what is going to happen within the next 14 official working days from the day we submits a claim application to the Bank which should take effect as soon as I receive your Affirmation to this project. Every legal protocols will be observed. Please, do not sound so skeptical over this business. This is Real and not a joke. Repose your confidence on me, watch and see what is going to happen. Give me your word of assurance if only I can trust you, assuring me that you will not cheat me and then go ahead and re-confirm to me your personal information as stated below.
 
Bear in mind that you are going to go through normal and legal inheritance claim procedure so that the claim will be fully legalized and/or notarized. This is why I have to guide you appropriately till we finally have the fund wired into any account of your choice for our sharing.
 
I will have to let you know that we need to confidentially and maturedly handle this project because of the amount involved. The amount can easily elicit eyebrow from anybody and that is why it must be handled between us.
 
The funds will then be transferred to you as the beneficiary and be shared according to a proposed sharing ratio of 65:35, i.e. 65%  for me and 35% for you. I will provide all the necessary legally procured documents to back up any claim we make regarding this process, and will just require your understanding and co-operation as well as maintaining a very high sense of confidentiality until we confirm our fund transfer into your nominated Bank account to enable us achieve success within a legitimate arrangement, eliminating any liability resulting from any breach of the prevalent laws.
 
As soon as I have your sincere assurance to keep my share on trust without denying me of my share as soon as this fund is transferred to you. My dear, With your provided data, I shall complete and submit a text of application for claim in your Name to the Bank, putting claims for the release and transfer of the said fund to you. Thereafter, I shall avail to meet you in your country for my share and my investment over there in some profitable business your shall recommend to me.
 
So my dear, I request that you confirm to me with the information required below, to enable me submit an application letter to the bank here on your behalf for the transfer of the fund and also to increase my confidence on you.
 
PLEASE, CAN YOU CHAMPION THIS TRANSACTION??...................
 
CAN I GIVE YOU TRUST?...........................
 
DO YOU AGREE WITH MY PERCENTAGE SHARE INDICATED HERE IN MY LETTER TO YOU?..............
 
HOPE YOU WILL NOT CHEAT ME OF MY SHARE WHEN THIS FUND GET INTO YOUR ACCOUNT?............
 
Your Full Name.............................
 
Your Age......................................
 
Your Marital Status..........................
 
Your Occupation............................
 
Your Residence Address........................
 
Your Telephone Number..............................
 
I will appreciate your swift response or call so that we can commence this project officially.
 
I look forward to hearing from you.
 
With Kind Regards,
 
BARRISTER JACOB OPERANDI ESQ
Senior Advocate, International Legal Practitioner
OLTANG & CO. ASSOCIATES.
Chamber Address: 21 Madu Blvd, Victoria Gardens, London - United Kingdom.
Tel: +44(0)702-406-2001, 44(0)766-737-385

No comments: