Scambusters, Preventing Internet Scams & Phishing Attempts

This blog is dedicated to help preventing internet fraud and internet scams. Scambusters was a radio show I started in Albany Oregon, but due to defaulted payment by the radio station we took the show offline. Regardless of this issue we still wish to help prevent internet fraud and save people from internet loss. I have been interviewed and featured in various publications such as the Wall Street Journal, New York Times & Daily News, The London Times & AARP Newsletters. Please watch this blog for latest tips and tricks and scams to avoid.

Monday, August 08, 2011

Email Money Scam > Mr. Fred Ofori. The Regional Manager, Barclays Bank of Ghana

Wonderful, now people are trolling Google Profiles to find people to scam. 

Simple rule = Anything that comes "from Africa" and is unsolicited is a SCAM. 

This one wants you to email back to Japan, so that is odd too, but maybe it was the only place they could get a free Yahoo email address and/or was the only one they were able to phish the password. 

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Fred Ofori <frred.oforrii041@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, Aug 8, 2011 at 2:53 AM
Subject: Message via your Google Profile: hi


From; Mr. Fred Ofori. The Regional Manager, Barclays Bank of Ghana, Tema Branch. Dear Friend, I wish to contact you on a good business which I want you to assist me and receive this fund into your bank account in your country from the good report received about you and believing that this will really workout between both of us. I am the regional manager of Barclays Bank of Ghana Ltd in Tema branch, a family man, I discovered this money six million four hundred and ten thousand united state dollars (USD$6,410.000.00) On the course of the last year 2010 business financial report and I have packaged a transaction that will benefit you and I, as the regional manager of Barclays Bank of Ghana Tema branch, it is my duty to send in a financial report to my head office in the capital city Accra at the end of each business year. I have placed this funds on what we call escrow call account with no beneficiary. As an officer of this bank I cannot be directly connected to this money, so my aim of contacting you is to assist me receive this money in your bank account and get 37% of the total funds as commission. Please there is no risk involved, if you can work with my instructions and this business will be a bank-to-bank transfer, all I need from you is to stand as the original depositor of the said fund who made the deposit with my branch so that my head office can order the transfer to your designated bank account. If you accept to work with me on trust I will appreciate it very much. I wait your response as soon as possible. Here's the e-mail ID will use to contact (fredofori41@yahoo.co.jp). Best regards, Mr. Fred Ofori.




-------------------------------------------------------------

This message was sent to you from your Google profile. The sender does not have your email address.

If you no longer wish to receive messages from your Google profile, you may edit your settings.


No comments: