Scambusters, Preventing Internet Scams & Phishing Attempts

This blog is dedicated to help preventing internet fraud and internet scams. Scambusters was a radio show I started in Albany Oregon, but due to defaulted payment by the radio station we took the show offline. Regardless of this issue we still wish to help prevent internet fraud and save people from internet loss. I have been interviewed and featured in various publications such as the Wall Street Journal, New York Times & Daily News, The London Times & AARP Newsletters. Please watch this blog for latest tips and tricks and scams to avoid.

Monday, March 17, 2008

Scam / Malware? > Audit/Account Department

New twist, this came to me through my Google Calendar direct to my personal / office email as an appointment.  It attached into Outlook and my Outlook Calendar.  I have removed all the links / Outlook information, but this may also have an ability to create viruses.  I will have to scan my system tonight, this popped up as an appointment due.

 

Keep an eye out for scams like this and possible malware.

 

-----Original Appointment-----
From: anthony bruce On Behalf Of anthony bruce
Sent: Monday, March 17, 2008 7:18 PM
To: anthony bruce;
Subject: From: Audit/Account department
When: Monday, March 17, 2008 6:30 AM-7:30 AM (GMT-08:00) Pacific Time (US & Canada).
Where:
Sensitivity: Private

 

 

 

From: Audit/Account department

 

 

Mon Mar 17 3:30am – 4:30am
(Timezone: Hawaii Time)

Calendar:

 

From: Audit/Account department
38 Corporation Road, RotherhamS60 1NH
United Kingdom
Tel: +44 703 191 2998

REF: NWBL/435/GRFGV/08
RE: TRANSFER OF$1.6M DOLLARS INTO YOUR CUSTODY.
Sir,
Thank you for your reply and Compliments of the day, It is my humble wish to solicit and crave your indulgence to make this request for a joint business transaction which I hope will come to you as a surprise, hence I apologies for disturbing your attention as I plead for your pardon.

Due to the numerous fraudulent activities of some government officials here, the presidency directed that long over due payment now be finally settled through this newly inaugurated special payment scheme. In this payment scheme, payment is to be programmed into a Nat west Bank - Visa Card Account; this new working relationship was put in place to curb incidents of bank fraud. In this said arrangement, payment shall be uploaded into a NATWESTBANK VISA CARD that will enable you either to download the funds at any ATM machine or into your bank account.

However, after a successful completion of payments to beneficiaries, I discovered that, we have an excess of $16 million dollars left unclaimed, this amount accrued from over invoicing and the death of a contractors, Mr. Morris Thompson. You can view the link for yourself and confirm: http://www.cnn.com/2000/US/02/01/alaska.airlines.list/. And when I discussed this issue with other close colleagues of mine, we decided to keep the money and seek your cooperation so that this fund can be processed and programmed to your name as one of the beneficiaries listed for payment.

When this is done, the {$1.6 million dollars] will be transferred to any bank account of your choice that you are the sole signatory, from were you are to make disbursements according to the agreed percentage. I am ready to share the money with you for your assistance in the following ration; 60% for me and my colleagues, 30% for you and the remaining 10% will be used to settle any undue unforeseen contingencies.

This is my proposal and I hope you will be carefully giving it the required attention as I await your urgent response. Thank you and best regards.


Yours sincerely
Mr. Anthony Bruce smith


 

 

No comments: