Scambusters, Preventing Internet Scams & Phishing Attempts

This blog is dedicated to help preventing internet fraud and internet scams. Scambusters was a radio show I started in Albany Oregon, but due to defaulted payment by the radio station we took the show offline. Regardless of this issue we still wish to help prevent internet fraud and save people from internet loss. I have been interviewed and featured in various publications such as the Wall Street Journal, New York Times & Daily News, The London Times & AARP Newsletters. Please watch this blog for latest tips and tricks and scams to avoid.

Wednesday, April 02, 2008

Nigerian Scam > COMPENSATION FOR YOUR PAST EFFORT/CONTACT JOE MERCY

Busy day for fraud, 3 in a row for me... I like this one, the person even
uses the sir name of "Mercy"... how poetic.


-----Original Message-----
From: Metina Cole [mailto:metinacole00@yahoo.co.uk]
Sent: Wednesday, April 02, 2008 7:00 AM
Subject: COMPENSATION FOR YOUR PAST EFFORT/CONTACT

From Metina Cole

Hello my dear friend,

How are you doing? Compliment of the day and to your family. I didn't forgot
your past effort by trying to help me, I want to inform you that I have
succeeded in getting those funds transferred under the co-operation of a new
partner from Australia.

I want to use this opportunity to thank you for your great effort to our
unfinished transfer of fund into your account due to one reason or the other
best known to you.

But I want to inform you that I have successfully transferred the fund out
of my bank to someone else account who was capable of assisting me in this
great venture through the help of the diplomat I told you about.

Due to your effort, sincerity, courage and trustworthiness you showed to the
course of the transaction I want to compensate you and show my gratitude to
you with the sum of $200.000.00 (Two Hundred Thousand united States
Dollars).

I have authorized the finance house where I deposited my money to issue you
international certified bank draft cashable at your bank. My dear friend I
will like you to contact the finance house for the collection of this
international certified bank draft. The name and contact of the Person with
your Cheque is as follows.

COMPENSATION AND FINANCE HOUSE HEAD OFFICE
CONTACT PERSON: JOE MERCY
TELEPHONE:+234-802-958-2468
EMAIL: joemercy02@gmail.com

At the moment, I am very busy here because of the investment project that my
new partner and I are having at hand. Finally, remember that I have
forwarded instruction to the finance house on your behalf to send the bank
draft to you as soon as you contact them without delay.

Please I will like you to accept this token with good faith as this is from
the bottom of my heart.

Thanks and God bless you and your family, hope to hear from you soon.

Yours Faithfully,


Metina Cole.

No comments: